Visa for business, study, religious or cultural purposes
Temporary restriction of entry of foreign citizens and stateless persons to the Russian Federation.
To ensure national security, protect the health of the population and curb the spread of the coronavirus infection in line with Russian law and the provisions of the applicable international treaties, the Government of the Russian Federation made a decision to temporarily restrict the entry of foreign citizens and stateless persons to the Russian Federation, starting midnight of March 18, 2020 local time.
The entry restrictions would not apply to diplomatic mission and consular office staff in the Russian Federation, vehicle drivers on international roads, aircraft, ship and boat crews, international railway train crews, members of official delegations, and persons with diplomatic, service or ordinary private visas that were issued in connection with the death of a close relative, persons that permanently live in the Russian Federation or persons that go through air border crossing points.
The measures taken by the Russian Federation conform to the recommendations of the World Health Organisation, are caused by special circumstances and are only temporary.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A VISA TO ENTER ON BUSINESS,
STUDY, WORK, RELIGIOUS, CULTURAL etc PURPOSES
(Same requirements apply for visiting your relatives or friends who are NON-RUSSIAN citizens)
1. These requirements apply to Canadian citizens only.
2. Please make sure that there is a 5 business days period between the date of application for a tourist visa and the supposed date of entry to Russia.
3. In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they have must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
To obtain a visa you have to submit:
1.The original completed visa application form (for citizens of Australia, Canada, Georgia, the UK and USA, the original completed visa application form should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background;
2. Passport or other travel document in original.
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas. Passport must be valid at least 6 months after your supposed date of departure from Russia;
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport.
4. A letter from your company or from yourself (if travelling individually) explaining who is travelling, where, when and with what purpose.
5. The most important document to be submitted is INVITATION or VISA SUPPORT.
INVITATION from your Russian host must be issued by the local office of the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (FMS). The invitations for a work, study or multiple entry visas must be submitted in original.
VISA SUPPORT is provided by your host through Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Please, check with us that your visa support has arrived to Consular Division PRIOR to sending documents.
If applying for a multi-entry or double entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the Visa support.
6. Applicants obtaining work, study or business multiple entry visas must submit HIV test Certificate issued not earlier than 3 months before the visa application.
Payment - by Money Order made out to the "Embassy of Russia". Visa processing fees.