Visa for business, study, religious or cultural purposes
In order to improve visa processing starting August 20, 2014, the Consular Division of the Embassy of the Russian Federation accepts visa applications submitted through authorized Russian Visa Centre "Invisa Logistics Services Canada Ltd".
Russian Visa Centre located at:
Suite 505, 294 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 6E6
Tel. (613) 670 - 1125, Fax. (613) 670 - 1126
The application can submitted to the Visa Centre by a prior appointment only.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A VISA TO ENTER ON BUSINESS,
STUDY, WORK, RELIGIOUS, CULTURAL etc PURPOSES
(Same requirements apply for visiting your relatives or friends who are NON-RUSSIAN citizens)
1. These requirements apply to Canadian citizens only.
2. Please make sure that there is a 5 business days period between the date of application for a tourist visa and the supposed date of entry to Russia.
3. In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they have must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
To obtain a visa you have to submit:
1.The original completed visa application form (for citizens of Australia, Canada, Georgia, the UK and USA, the original completed visa application form should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background;
2. Passport or other travel document in original.
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas. Passport must be valid at least 6 months after your supposed date of departure from Russia
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport.
4. A letter from your company or from yourself (if travelling individually) explaining who is travelling, where, when and with what purpose.
5. The most important document to be submitted is INVITATION or VISA SUPPORT.
INVITATION from your Russian host must be issued by the local office of the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (FMS). The invitations for a work, study or multiple entry visas must be submitted in original.
VISA SUPPORT is provided by your host through Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Please, check with us that your visa support has arrived to Consular Division PRIOR to sending documents.
If applying for a multi-entry or double entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the Visa support.
6. Applicants obtaining work, study or business multiple entry visas must submit HIV test Certificate issued not earlier than 3 months before the visa application.