In order to improve visa processing starting August 20, 2014, the Consular Division of the Embassy of the Russian Federation accepts visa applications submitted through authorized Russian Visa Centre "Invisa Logistics Services Canada Ltd".
Russian Visa Centre located at:
Suite 505, 294 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 6E6
Tel. (613) 670 - 1125, Fax. (613) 670 - 1126
The application can submitted to the Visa Centre by a prior appointment only.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A RUSSIAN TRANSIT VISA
(for 72 hours maximum)
1. Transit visa is not required if you do not change airport terminals in Russia and your staying does not exceed 24 hours.
2. These requirements apply to Canadian citizens only.
3. In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
To obtain a visa you have to submit:
1. The original completed visa application form (for citizens of Australia, Canada, Georgia, the UK and USA, the original completed visa application form should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background
2. Passport or other travel document in original
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport.
4. A letter from yourself explaining who is travelling, where, when.
5. The most important visa application documents are the visa of the country of destination (if required) and a copy of airplane tickets or reservation with confirmed flight booking.