In order to improve visa processing starting August 20, 2014, the Consular Division of the Embassy of the Russian Federation accepts visa applications submitted through authorized Russian Visa Centre "Invisa Logistics Services Canada Ltd".
Russian Visa Centre located at:
Suite 505, 294 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 6E6
Tel. (613) 670 - 1125, Fax. (613) 670 - 1126
The application can submitted to the Visa Centre by a prior appointment only.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A RUSSIAN TOURIST VISA
(for 30 days maximum)
1. These requirements apply to Canadian citizens only.
2. Please make sure that there is a 5 business days period between the date of application for a tourist visa and the supposed date of entry to Russia.
3. In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
To obtain a visa you have to submit:
1. The original completed visa application form (for citizens of Australia, Canada, Georgia, the UK and USA, the original completed visa application form should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
2. Passport or other travel document in original.
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas. Passport must be valid at least 6 months after your supposed date of departure from Russia.
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport
4. A letter from yourself (if travelling individually) explaining who is travelling, where, when and with what purpose.
5. Standart form of confirmation for foreign tourists CONFIRMATION is issued by the Russian hosting travel company.
It carries a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company (which confirms that this company is allowed to invite foreign tourists), personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services as paid. Confirmation must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company. The confirmation of prepaid accommodation at the hotel you are going to stay provided by the hotel.
Be ready to present the copy of tourist Confirmation to the passport control officer at the Russian border.