On Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation is a non-governmental, non-profit organization uniting its members for meeting the tasks and objectives set our in the Russian Federation Law on Chambers of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and the Chamber’s own Charter.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation represents the interests of small, medium and big business and encompasses all business sectors – manufacturing, domestic and foreign trade, agriculture, the finance system and services.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation promotes the growth of the Russian economy and its integration into the world economic system and provides favorable conditions for the advancement of all business sectors.
Goals and Tasks of the CCI of Russia:
- Assistance to modernization of national economy, broad introduction of innovations and attraction of investments;
- Protection of interests of business community in governmental bodies and local authorities;
- Creation of an efficient system of expert evaluation of draft legislative and normative acts in the interests of entrepreneurs;
- Development of relations with the business communities in foreign states and international business organizations;
- Assistance to efficient and constructive settlement of civil law disputes and development of mediating procedures;
- Promotion of principles of civilized business and social awareness in business environment;
- Formation of positive image of Russian producers and providers of services.
The system of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation comprises:
- 174 territorial chambers of commerce and industry;
- Over 200 federal unions, associations and other organizations of entrepreneurs and 500 regional business associations representing the key sectors of the Russian economy;
- About 50,000 enterprises and organizations of various forms of property.
The system of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation incorporates 34 committees in various spheres of activity and business areas and more that 1,000 committees, commissions, councils and other public units formed by territorial chambers.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation promotes the activity of 68 Russian business councils with foreign states.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation is a member of the World Chambers Federation, the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Eurochambres), the Council of the Chairmen of Chambers of Commerce and Industry in CIS Member Countries, the Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Asian-Pacific Region countries and other international and regional organizations.
Honorary Representative of the Chamber of Commerce
and Industry of the Russian Federation in Canada
Tel.: +1 (403) 463-11-36
Fax: +1 (403) 265-6542
183, Ypres Green, S.W.,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2T 6M3